Sunday, October 26, 2008

Prices are Valuable

Prices are valuable.

Think about that for a second.

Prices give us a value system for all the things that we come across in our lives.

My guitar was a thousand bucks, my car was fifteen hundred.

My wallet, which holds usually under ten dollars, cost more than ten dollars.

A value system.

Let me tell you about how valuable I am. I am valuable enough that the God of the universe, God of all glory, the God of all power, all knowledge, and a God who IS love itself, wants to know me personally.

We converse.

I talk to Him, He responds, it's beautiful. In fact I just asked Him what He wants to say to you.

He said to tell the Men that they are AWESOME.

He said to tell the Women that they are BEAUTIFUL.

The price that the King of Glory paid for me was death, torture, and slander. It was dehumanizing and definitely not a death that I would say was God-worthy.

The price that forgiving my sin cost him reveals my value.

That's how valuable you are (in the present tense) to Him.

I can keep on ignoring Him and He will love me the same.

You can choose to thank Him, talk to Him, love Him, and live with and for Him.

He will love you the same.

But just between you and me, He might really like the attention.

3 comments:

Jen Dickey said...

Amen. You have wonderful wisdom, Kendall. Bless you.

Libbie Ann said...

Well said. Beautiful is what the Lord spoke over me during worship and the message last night at the Stirring. That I am only that way because He is beautiful. He created me. He wants relationship with me..and wants my light to shine bright, not only for other peoples sake, but for His glory. Thanks Kendall. for always speaking truth and using your gifts.

Sarah said...

thanks kendall..such good truth..you always make me smile...:)