Saturday, November 1, 2008

Typically random.

Typically I am random.

So this is just another adventure in the life of Kendall Dean.

As we speak, I'm sitting in a small "ma' and pop" coffee shop in a city called Lathrop. It's about four hours south of Redding, and the very sketchy plan is to visit Yosemite... soon. (Yosemite National Park is about two hours East of here). As I sit here, I try to think ahead and plan my next move.

It's four o'clock and I can go to Yosemite now, and I would sleep in my car.

I could go an hour West and stay in oakland with my friends Amanda and Hendrick.

I can read and write here until I need to find a parking lot to sleep in.

I could meet friends from Sacramento.

We've got options.

We have very few constraints. God is good, and that will not change.

I actually am responding to God on this trip by simply going. About a week and a half ago, he told me to go.

For this reason, there is great expectation for the quest.

I brought my Guitar, Journal, Laptop, and Bible. Tools for inspiration, tools for living the life that I am called to.

I may climb a snowy mountain, I may enjoy a camp fire, I may read a new book, I may drink twenty lattes, I may go to the ocean, I may skip rocks in a river, I may design a swing set, I may thrift store shop in San Fran.

One thing I do know,

I will simply enjoy my Papa, my God.

Simple.

2 comments:

Jen Dickey said...

That sounds wonderful. Have a blessed time. Looking forward to your testimony of those days when you return. Be blessed. You are loved.

Amanda Lynn said...

Drive the hour to Oakland. I would love to see you. But Yosemite is pretty cool though.