Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Livelihood

Somewhere in the tropics of South America, Africa, and Asia Pacific there are men and women working hard for my morning livelihood.

It all comes down to the french press. The ultimate coffee experience.

Every morning I get to enjoy a cup of coffee darker than the monster in your closet's closet.



As I sit with the sun rising higher into the sky, slurping on my coffee, and writing to you, I can't help but be reminded of how blessed I am.

Coffee Master Mug- $10, Cannon digital camera- $400, Power Ranger backpack- $0.10, North Face backpack- $100, Ipod Nano- $200, Casio Boulder cell phone- $250, Leather Bound Journal- $30, Compaq laptop- $600.

My friend Josiah- $33.50

These are just things that are sitting on this table in front of me. I am rich.

I am rich in spirit too. God gave me a love that I'll never find elsewhere.

He gave me the gift of his Spirit too.

I am rich.

I got a friend, a cup of coffee, a sunrise, and a shower this morning.

Thank you Jesus.

No comments: