Tuesday, October 14, 2008

She.

There are a few specific ways in which I am waiting for my wife.

I hesitate to say "future wife" because she exists today. She is my wife, whoever she is, but we just haven't been married yet.

Many people that I know are saving themselves for their honeymoon night, they are holding back and constantly choosing to say no over and over again so that when they say yes (to their one and only) it will mean so much more. A much better gift to give. An exclusive gift.

I am all on board with this, however, I want to take a more proactive approach for my wife, because she is the most amazing woman of God that you'll ever meet. She is special.

Every time I find a penny on the ground it's almost as if she is tossing bread crumbs for me to find. I collect these crumbs and keep them in a jar; and when my hand lets the pennies drop, I pray specifically and intently for my wife. I've prayed for her thousands of times.

Every time I have loose silver change in my pocket, I save. I do not spend change. Ever. If the cost of my coffee is 2.01 then I break three dollars and take home 99 cents for my -you guessed it- honeymoon fund. I pray for Her. With every coin that passes through my hand it is collected and saved -even cherished.

I'm writing her letters. I will be post stamping these and saving them for her.

And... at the risk of sounding obsessive... (all this is from a healthy heart)

I may or may not have started saving for an engagement ring.

Like I said, She is just that special.

There are parts of my personality and identity that I hold back when I interact with single girls my age. I am very protective of hearts. Yours and mine. In fact, I have never dated.

Protective.

Some day though, my wife is going to want to know who I really am. She will get past the surface. She will be given parts of my life that are not given loosely, and she will find out the full extent that I am preparing for her.

3 comments:

Jen Dickey said...

That's awesome Kendall. I have no doubt she will be incredible and truly a God-given gift. Good for you for saving and saving in a special, meaningful way. Bless you buddy.

MeggyJ said...

At the risk of sounding wierd or creepy, ever time I hear about your plan it makes me want to cry. Your wife is a very special and amazing person for being the one for you. You are like my brother Kendall and Joe and I pray for you and her often

Klein said...

You might want to start another change jar for all the times your wife is going to get her hair done for 80-100 bucks a pop every 6-8 weeks.

Words to live by.