Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ceasing Faith

As an unsuspecting driver, I turned the corner past the highway patrolman.

I made too much eye contact. I am convinced.

So a few "thank you officer"s and two tickets later I drove home in my beautiful car... Faith.

She has been so good to me over these past few years; but due to four "fix-it tickets" she will need to be taken to the scrap metal grave yard.

All cars don't go to heaven.

So here's an ode to Faith. My ceasing Faith:

Bought at 3,200 dollars with 212k miles we began our journey together two and a half years ago.

Hit by a drunk driver, we (my parents and I) received 2,200 dollars for the damage.

So they gave me her for free.

Hit by drunk driver number two, I received 1,600 dollars and continued to drive my paid-off beater.

Some of you know her as the "Bandaid Car" or the "tic tac toe board".

The 1,600 dollars that came from my "uninsured motorist" I saved specifically to make a down payment on my next car.

Well now that Faith's time is up I randomly started checking Craigs list for cars.

God. He likes to give me things.

So I stumbled on this Blue 1993 Toyota Camry. I have paid the adoption price and he is mine.

Obadiah is his name.

He has 50k miles less than Faith did and has never been hit by a single drunk driver!

The entire cost of my new buddy was less than the money that i saved from the last accident. No down payment here, just paid cash.

Ode to Obadiah.

2 comments:

Dusten.LaPointe said...

Faith, she was trusty, a trip or two to Washington you made in her, as well as numerous trips to the mountains among Redding. RIP.

MeggyJ said...

She was great, and you and her were gracious enough to let us borrow her too.