Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A tired tire

Today I was eating at the park.
A tire was in the river. It was attached to an axle.

She said "Is that a rock or a tire in the water?"
It was a tire... i already stated that...

I says "I wonder why they don't take it out"

She said "Why don't you?"

I says "Good point. I'll try."

So I rolled up my jeans, took off my shoes and socks and proceded to timidly enter the icy water. I waded over to the tire, bent down and couldn't budge the thing half an inch.

Zero movement.

But I'm glad I tried. That tire is ugly, and I'm sure plenty of people have walked by and wondered "why don't they take that tire out?".

But I tried. Action behind the words. A first step into my dreams.

Every idea starts somewhere. Every dream starts small. Every goal has prerequisites.

The tire didn't budge, but I threw my entire self into it. I tried.

Kendall

1 comment:

MeggyJ said...

I love it. It seems a simple act, but it's not. The tire may not have shifted, but you know something did.

Way to go