Friday, July 3, 2009

Sunshine

This is a letter I wrote to my wife this morning; and while praying I felt like God wanted me to share. So after reluctantly fighting against the post:

Sunshine,
To me you are like the breaking of the morning,
the cracking of the dawn,
like the light invades the darkness,
So you bring clarity,
So you bring purity,
So you bring love.

Shalom.

May our covenant be as it should be,
Pure in the sight of God,
May his peace be the strength of our feet,
The weapon we fashion against darkness,

Oh, that He will find righteousness in us!

May the mercy and worship of David permeate our lives,
May the wisdom of Solomon lead our actions,
May the faithfullness of Paul be granted us,
May the victory of Christ set our context.

Grace.

May it abound more in us.

Hope.

Let it be our constant friend.

Love.

Love shall guide us home, each day, to each other,
to the father, to the ends of the earth.

Love.

Kendall Dean

4 comments:

Cory Eighan said...

It's good man. You have a few grammar errors though.

I'm Katie said...

It is beautiful! Some girl is gonna be very lucky with you encouraging her with letters like that one!

Jenna said...

I didn't edit it, or anything. Wrote it straight through...

Unknown said...

this is beautiful. glad you shared. miss you.