Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Praise Papa por Pancakes


Pancake breakfasts. One to enjoy every week, on Tuesday morning, at the top of a mountain.

I just got down the hill from Hume Lakes infamous "pancake breakfast". It is held at inspiration point (6000ft up on a mountain top), overlooking a very Yosemite-like valley.


Granite peaks, sequoia trees, mountain bees, and dining-hall free.

Now that's the abundant life Jesus was talking about.

In this Christian life... I feel like I'm cheating... I mean... how can you NOT find God in a moment like that?

There is something to the simplicity of paper plates, Krusties flour, a little bit o' water, and a world class, in-the-dirt, mountaintop experience. The first taste of a raspberry syrup covered pancake entered my mouth, and I thought to myself "Jesus do like pancakes?". The second bite changed my perspective: "Jesus! You like pancakes. Thanks a million!"

My hands now smell like coffee, hand sanitizer, pine, and dirt all in one.

Praise Papa por Pancakes.

1 comment:

Nikki O'Connor said...

will you make me pancakes? i want some.