Saturday, June 13, 2009

We belong.


Camp fire stories.

This falls into that category.

Here we are, the two of us, you and I. Connected via the world wide web. For you this may be a coffee shop browsing, or a home couch lounging, or an office distraction: but for me it's a campfire story.

Blazing in front of me is the four foot flame that I just nurtured into life. Sorry tree. You had to go somehow... the stars are out for the second night. They are little "holes to heaven" if you talk to Jack Johnson, or if you are speaking to Brooke Frasure then they are there "just to show us, we belong.". As for me, they are memories hidden, and futures prepared.

In fact, these sprinkles across the sky are so majestic, so vast, that they seem to set all things back to zero. My future, my past, my friends, my wife, my dreams, my experiences, they all are captured in that moment.

These holes to heaven really do remind me that I belong.

The camp fire blazes and all is settled. All is peace. All is free.

We belong.

No comments: