Tuesday, April 21, 2009

writing's sake

I decided to just start writing for writing's sake.

I made this decision less than forty five seconds ago and so far it isn't turning out half bad.

I do have dreams to write books in my lifetime and to consistently write poetry and worship songs, so this seems like as good a time as ever.

So here we are. You and I. We are in this moment. Well, actually we are in two moments; I am in my moment (writing to you) and you are in yours (reading what I wrote).

Actually now that I think of it, it's kind of and awkward/ awesome train of thought to consider tenses.

You know tenses.

Like past, present, and future.

You see I am writing to you right now. Present tense.

You will be reading this. That is the future. I'm predicting it now. In fact, I could have predicted that

Hours ago. Which would be past tense.

Past tense will be (future) what your using (present) when you have been considering (a mix of past and present) what you just read (past).

That sentence says it all.

Now that I have successfully wasted two and a half minutes of your life, I leave you with this:

Thank you friend for reading my active practice. It's people like you that keep people like me encouraged enough to spend time trying to get better at communication.

You done did good.

Kendall

5 comments:

Nikki O'Connor said...

oh my goodness. lol

Cory Eighan said...

No! Come back brain cells! I didn't mean to read this!

ZachBay said...

Im with cory. I am now filing a class action law suit against you and any affiliates of yours for wasting precious minutes of my day.

Amanda Lynn said...

Do not listen to those guys. I love you Kendall. Hey I will be in Redding for a week in May we should most definitely hang out while I am there.

I'm Katie said...

I actually thought this was pretty much brilliant! It made me laugh to!