Monday, March 2, 2009

The Abundance

Here's a few questions of the rhetoric kind:

Do you ever have a day that is without explanation just good?

Do you ever have a feeling of such peace, simplicity, and clarity, and you have no idea why today is different?

My circumstances are not exceedingly different, or somehow greater than other days, yet tonight is filled with a fresh breath. There is clarity in my house.

"It's [not] tired in here." (Inside joke...)

I just watched a movie with a friend.

Then when he left:
I cleaned every room of the house that I use, then I put in a new load of laundry, then I hung shirts, then I folded socks, then I read an old journal, and a couple old letters, organized my desks (yes I have two), loaded some software on my computer, took out trash, organized a chess set, packed up a closet...

I did all that very slowly. I just hung out with God.

I don't really have a sufficient description of how I feel right now but...

I'm convinced that nights like tonight are the life that Jesus came to offer us... the abundant life.

Life to the fullest.

My life tonight is very simple.

Yet,

It's life to the fullest.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Cory Eighan said...

These are the good days...too bad for me this week is a lot of work...but it'll be satisfying at the end.

An Unlikely Retirement said...

Reminds me of The Practice of the Presence of God, by Bro. Lawrence. Have you read it? Great book.