Saturday, October 17, 2009

I am crying.

Let me issue a warning to those who have stumbled across this post: I intend to write from the deepest core of my person. These thoughts proceed out of the most spiritual, authentic, emotional, intellectual, and soulful parts of me.

Here is my soul's cry -cry being a word intended to evoke the thought of tears and screams, passion and love- to know Him.

Him who is above all, in all, and through all. Him who holds the universe; yet whispers to my most hidden depths. Him who knows everything about me, yet longs to know me.

Know. The Hebrew word for yada. It is intimacy and connection, it is spiritual and sexual, it is external and internal, it is the best word that the Hebrew language can come up with for the connection between a man and a woman who are deeply in love. Children are born out of yada... but we wont follow that rabbit trail for now.

I long to sing to Him and to talk with Him. I want to see every part of Him and to touch each piece of Him. I desire to be invaded by Him and to shine of Him. I feel like dancing for Him and dancing with Him.

He makes me more me than I have ever known. He is my creator, lover, and leader. My king.

He is eternal and He is beginning. He knows no beginning, for He Himself IS beginning. He will never cease.

I want Him. He IS MY DESIRE.

That is my souls deepest cry; and the more I enter into that cry, the closer I am brought to Him, the more I am aware of my

ABSOLUTE HUNGER

for this man named Jesus-the bread of life and the light of men.
Spirit-the power at work in the natural realm.
Father-the one who is in all, above all, and through all.

He is all I want. I will die if I dont have more of Him.
I feel like dying if I cannot know Him more.

No comments: