Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Granite Lake, Trinity Alps, CA


This will be one of those rare "what I've been up to" writings...

I just MUST get out the testimony of my last weekend.

It was worship... pure, unadulterated, unreligousified, worship.

Destination: Granite Lake, Trinity Alps, CA


"As we gathered around the fire, we were reminded of the epic-ness of the day. The flames flickered and burned the scenery of the last eight hours into our minds. Memories that would last forever.

The waterfall roars in the distance, a lonely frog croaks, a small bird chirps goodnight, and smell of steak was saturates our camp. This is the abundant life. The life that Jesus had promised..."

1000 foot granite peaks behind us.

100 foot waterfall in front of us.

1,000,000,000 stars, each known by name.

0 moonlight.

The abundant life.

Worship was almost demanded.

God's awesome.

3 comments:

I'm Katie said...

Awww, it makes me want to go on another backpacking trip!!!
I am glad you had a good time!
God is so good!

Christian said...

i love it brother. I want to go camp with you sometime... seriously though.

Janee V said...

Glad you enjoyed it.Next time, bring along a fishing pole. The Back Country Horsemen and Fish and Game are planting catchable size trout up there this year.
Jane Vorpagel