Tuesday, May 20, 2008

All-Consuming

Beauty surrounds me, captivates me, encourages me, embraces me. Beauty is ingrained into my entire life. Throughout the day it wakes me, saves me, loves me.

Nature is beautiful. People are beautiful. Abba is beautiful.

God gives to us. He gives to us. He keeps on giving. I recieve what he has to give.

I can look at people, I mean really look, and see such an amazing beauty that has been given; and there is no explanation for this but extreme and all-powerful love.

What love it is that has crafted the smile! What love it is that makes eyes miles deep! What love it is that grants a nose to smell! Ears for hearing! Touch for feeling.

What love it is that has crafted our capacity for love. God knew what he was doing when he gave me the ability to love you. I love you.

Today I went on a bike ride at sunrise. I can't believe it comes up every morning. Seriously! Every single day.

There aren't powerful enough words for that experience. You need to hear the slow intermitent chrip of a few birds, you need to smell the clean, slightly damp air, you need to see a fading dark, a breaking of light, you need to touch the chill of the atmosphere around you.

I can almost touch a sunrise. What a gift of God.

Kendall

No comments: